Assistant Accounts Payable
Location: Dawa Life Sciences, Thika
Division: Medisel (Kenya) Limited, Animal Health – Thika
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Number of vacancies: One (1)
Brief Job Description:
• Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
• Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
• Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
• Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
• Understand expense accounts and cost centres.
• Understand compliance issues around accounts payable processes (sales tax, etc.)
• Tax Compliance
• Assist with costing in all aspects.
• Any other role that may be given by management
Qualifications and Experience:
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered, these minimum requirements must be evident on your resume.
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
• Relevant degree/diploma in accounting
• At least three years’ experience in a busy accounts department
• CPA qualification
or send to: email@example.com