Posting Country: Kenya Date Posted: Monday, 27 September, 2021 Deadline: Number of vacancies: 2
Location: Dawa Life Sciences Ruaraka Office
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Product Strategy & New Product Development
- Support product development decisions for current and future NCD products.
- Through deep understanding of current business, be able to articulate future steps needed to continue the growth trajectory of business.
- Generate business and commercial launch plans, market requirements documents, presentations and supporting materials to align all functional groups behind a common vison on products for development.
- Works with other functions to finalize product specifications.
- Help to lead Regional product planning within the category – understanding and analysing competitive landscape.
- Drive claims development for current & pipeline products.
- Understand and optimize patient experience with product.
- Provide portfolio scenario planning and value assessment.
- Conduct market research to uncover customer and business insights; translate those insights into products and programs that deliver growth for the product category.
- Represent the category during medical conferences, sales meetings, and customer visits.
- Determines the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements.
- Maintain strong therapy and product knowledge; support internal and external customer education programs and product training as required Basic Qualifications.
- Travel approximately 25%
Cross-Functional Team Participation & Leadership
- Participate in cross-functional teams to optimize future product strategy around given business needs, market needs, customer needs and technical capabilities.
- Work with other marketing partners to understand unique customer & business needs and ensure product requirements are aligned with company strategy.
- Interact with Business Development team to identify acquisition, licensing and other partnership opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Biomedical/Medical or Pharmaceutical Science Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in marketing and product management with a Bachelors’ degree, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Nice to Have:
- MBA in business or marketing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Science field preferred
- Experience in upstream marketing preferred
- Experience learning therapeutic products quickly
- Experience working in a fast paced, regional organization
- Global perspective and mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience communicating with senior leaders.
- Therapeutic product knowledge is a plus
- Experience in digital health / regulated digital is a distinct plus