Posting Country: Kenya Date Posted: Sunday, 23 May, 2021 Deadline: Number of vacancies: 1
Location: Dawa Group Limited Ruaraka
Reporting to: QC Supervisors
- Ensure that laboratory cleanliness and safety standards are maintained. For example, to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, wherever these things are necessary.
- To report any hazardous situation observed in the laboratory during his or her work.
- Perform visual inspections of raw materials, packaging materials intermediate and finished products.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits in the laboratory as required.
- Identify problems or errors, troubleshooting the analytical instruments.
- Evaluate new technologies and methods to make recommendations regarding their use.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Report and participate in the investigation or reporting of questionable test results.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Perform routine calculations pertaining to analytical chemistry (e.g., dilution, concentration, test results).
- To ensure that good laboratory practices are followed all the time and report deviations and other issues emerging to the supervisor.
- To attend and participate in all the laboratory activities, including meeting and trainings as required.
- Always uphold all the principles of data integrity in the laboratory.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education Bachelor of science in analytical Chemistry or other related sciences.
- Have Computer literacy sufficient to use standard software (MS Office) as well as the ability to learn specific software and instrumentation.
- Possess experience and knowledge of basic laboratory operations such as weighing, titrating, and preparing volumetric solutions.
- Able to interpret analytical method procedures and safety instructions using standard chemistry terms and measures.
- Have Experience resolving operational or processes failures to understand root cause and able to develop an improvement plan.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills with supervisor, other employees, and departments.
- Are willing to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, wherever these things are necessary.
- Will work on a rotating shift schedule